Thursday, November 8, 2007

Planning A Great Kid's Party


Some women are born to host. Other, like myself, need lots of help. The best I can come up with is a party at the park with cake and maybe a pinata. If I'm really on top of my game, I bring the bubble machine for hours of entertainment!

I need help! Have you heard of "Dear Peppers and Pollywogs" written by Lisa Kothari? Fabulous! I now have the help I need. This little book is a guide to party planning for parents. My favorite part is the week by week list of what I need to accomplish to get the party organized without stress!

This guide shares suggestions for venues to host the party, such as a tea house (how fun!) or a science center (my son would be on cloud 9 for weeks!). We have a local air museum that hosts parties on the planes. Where can you host the party that will be unique? Get ideas here!

What about party favors? Ugh, the favors cost more than the cake, decorations and party food! No mom wants her child to come home with more junk from goodie bags (admit it...the glow in the dark bracelet holds their interest for about a minute so why spend the money?) My daughter just had her 3rd birthday so we sent home foamies crafts for the kids. Now any mom can appreciate that! It's a great project to save for a rainy day! Or do the craft at the party and send it home finished!

You'll find this guide will help you with questions such as how much to spend on the gift, what if there is a date conflict with another party, what to do if you child's birthday falls very close to Christmas (or other holidays) and how to return the fish your child received as a party favor. You'll discover the proper Birthday Party Etiquette for almost any situation you can come up with.

Even if you are a seasoned hostess and party planner you will get inspiration and solutions from "Dear Peppers and Pollywogs"! For more ideas visit Peppers and Pollywogs.com where you can download cards, request rhymes and discover even more party themes (a polka dot party?? How cute!).